Welcome to our self-management page for people with diabetes. Here you will find a wealth of information, resources and videos to help you manage your condition and live the life you want to lead.
Diabetes patient videos
We have a wide range of short diabetes videos for patients, available to watch on our Bristol Community Health YouTube Channel. Just click on the links below to access:
- Understanding type 1 diabetes
- Understanding type 2 diabetes
- Hypoglycaemia part 1
- Hypoglycaemia part 2
- Injection sites for insulin
- Diabetes and driving
- Diabetes and travel
- Diabetes when you are ill
- Diabetes and your blood glucose levels
- Cooking tips for people with diabetes
- Eating healthily with diabetes
- Diabetes and food labels
- Diabetes and carbohydrates
- Diabetes and your blood pressure
- Diabetes and your cholestrol
- Your diabetes check
- Smoking and diabetes
- Looking after your feet when you have diabetes
- Diabetes and your feelings
- Diabetes and your sex life
- Diabetes and being active
Diabetes patient leaflets and resources
- My Diabetes Care Plan – this pack can help you plan your care, alongside input from your clinician.
- Hypoglycaemia – how to recognise, treat and manage a hypo
- What you need to know about diabetes, illness, insulin and infection
- Travel and diabetes
You can also access advise and support through our diabetes education courses.
If you have further queries about your diabetes, please contact your GP or practice nurse in the first instance.
Other links and resources