To ensure that our patients are happy with the health care we are providing across Bristol, we regularly ask for feedback and comments. At the end of last year we conducted our 2013 Annual Patient Satisfaction Survey; the largest survey we carry out. You may have noticed that we have been sharing some of our results with our Twitter followers.
We are really pleased to publish some really positive headline results, and some excellent comments from patients across all of our services.
• 98% of patients felt they had been treated with respect.
• 97% of patients said that they had felt warmly welcomed by the service.
• 92% of patients said that staff understood their concerns about their condition.
• 91% of patients said they were likely or extremely likely to recommend our service to family and friends with their condition.
“With the help of your service I now understand my health and feel that with this support I now have no need to go into hospital. I am able to cope at home with this help. The nurse is always at the end of a phone call to support and help.” Community Nursing patient
“I was so relieved to be referred to this service for my 3 year old son. After conflicting advice from numerous GP’s and my son’s skin out of control I was referred to this clinic. I was given in depth advice, support and proper treatment plan, typed up for me and new creams to try and my son’s skin responded so well and his skin is now well managed. Thank you.” Dermatology patient
We also were able to effectively recognise those areas in which there was some room for improvement.
• Patients knowing how to contact their service
• Knowing what their treatment plan is and being involved in drawing this up
• Knowing who is responsible for providing the service
• Increased confidence in managing their health
Over the coming months we will be drawing up plans to address these areas.
We would like to thank all patients who took the time to complete a survey; all feedback has been factored into our results, and we value all the comments we have received. We hope to continue to provide community healthcare in Bristol which keeps receiving such excellent feedback.