Current roles

Community Navigators Bristol Volunteers

Join our friendly, empathetic team of Community Navigators – you’ll improve the wellbeing of isolated older people by helping them get more involved in their community. Meeting people in their homes over a number of sessions, you’ll take the time to find out what really matters to them. Then you’ll share relevant information about what’s on locally and help them take the first step. Our Community Navigator team works in the south, central and east of Bristol. Find out more

Patient Feedback Volunteer

Are you one of those people who has a natural interest in others and loves getting them to open up about their experiences? We’re looking for curious, caring listeners who can help us gather personal stories from our patients about their experience of our care. You’ll visit patients at home, record the conversation and then transcribe it into Microsoft Word. Gathering these unique stories will help us keep improving our patient care. Patient Feedback Volunteer role profile

Exercise Buddy Volunteer

You could make all the difference to someone who has a lung condition and is starting our exercise sessions to help manage their breathlessness. It can be really daunting for these patients to start exercising in the gym, but you’ll be there to show them what to do and give them lots of enthusiastic encouragement. You’ll need to be able to demonstrate some of the exercises on the equipment too, but we’ll give you full training before you get started. Exercise Buddy Volunteer role profile

Macmillan Telephone Support Volunteer

If you’re a good listener and love a chat on the phone, this might be the role for you. We need friendly, empathic people to ring up patients living with cancer or who have completed their treatment. You’ll check on their progress since their therapist last visited and provide emotional support over the phone. Macmillan Telephone Support Volunteer

In their own words…

“Volunteering in Bristol Community Health has been a stepping stone to success for me. I’m building on existing knowledge and learning to apply it.” Ceejay

“One of the most rewarding things is being thanked for providing company. The role is not just about healthcare goals, but also about having conversation with someone who may not interact with many other people during the day,” Gemma, My Personal Care Plan Buddy. 

“I find the role really rewarding, particularly when I receive positive feedback. When I meet people who are suffering from lung conditions I feel like I understand their frustrations and can offer some first-hand advice. People have often told me that it’s really helpful to talk to someone who understands their illness and who they can relate to.” Angela, Volunteer Exercise Buddy. Read more of Angela’s story here

How to apply

Download an application form here and email it directly to briscomhealth.feedback@nhs.net. If you’d like more information about volunteering with us contact Greg Juckes on greg.juckes@nhs.net or 0117 440 9178.

Tags