What is this service?
The Macmillan Rehabilitation & Support Team is run in partnership with local healthcare organisations and Macmillan. The service is based at Shirehampton Health Centre.
What does this service offer?
Our service is offered to those living with and beyond cancer to help them manage any symptoms or issues that have developed as a result of cancer and cancer treatment, in order to improve their quality of life.
Cancer can have a large impact on your life after treatment has finished and you have been given the all clear. We can support with a range of issues, including:
- living with symptoms of pain, breathlessness, decreased mobility and fatigue.
- recognising signs of cancer recurrence and when to get medical help.
- returning to usual activities like work or hobbies.
- getting involved with other support within the community.
What do patients say about this service?
“Having the teams experience to hand and the structure of tasks to achieve for the next session gave me a lot of reassurance. It meant I could relax at home, and I knew great advice would just flow in; I just had to follow it,” Tom, former patient. To read more about Tom’s story and his experience of our service, click here.
Who is the service for?
This service is for those who are looking for support during or after a cancer diagnosis. You must be:
- over 18 years of age.
- registered with a GP practice within Bristol Community Health.
- consenting to a referral.
- not deemed as end stage, requiring palliative care, or have a prognosis of less than 6 months. If you need more information about palliative care, click here.
How can I access this service?
We accept referrals from patients themselves, their families or carers, as well as GPs or other healthcare professionals as long as the patient meets the referral criteria above.
Referral forms can be downloaded from the left hand side of this page.
Tell us what you think
Bristol Community Health would like to learn from your experience of this service. Your comments and suggestions will help us see what we are doing well and what we could improve. To give feedback please click here.