Community Navigators Bristol offers free signposting and support to older people who want to feel less isolated and more involved in their community.
Who is the service for?
Bristol people who are over 50 and feeling isolated or lonely at the moment.
Who can make a referral?
Or you can make a referral on behalf of someone you know, either personally or professionally. Read more about referring another person here.
Get in touch if you’d like to make a referral.
What is Community Navigators Bristol?
Our friendly, trained navigators will:
- Take time to get to know you and find out what’s important to you. They might visit you at home a few times so they can support you personally.
- Share information with you about what’s happening locally to help you get involved in things you’re interested in. This might include meeting people; rekindling old hobbies; becoming more active; volunteering; or learning something new.
- Tackle any concerns you might have about getting out and about – like safety, transport or money worries – by linking you up with other local community groups.
- Offer extra support if you feel nervous. They can come along with you when you try something for the first time.
What don’t we provide?
- Practical assistance such as DIY, shopping or gardening
- Assist with legal or banking administration
- Long-term support
Get in touch with us and we can point you in the right direction.
Is the service free?
Yes. The service provides short-term support and is completely free. It’s available to people in their home or via phone appointments.
How do I get in touch
- If you live in North Bristol, call Laura on 0117 951 5751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the service in your area. To make an online referral complete this form.
- If you live in Central, East or South Bristol (blue area on map below) call 0117 440 9100 or email email@example.com. To make a referral complete this form and send it back to the email address above.
Who provides the service?
Community Navigators Bristol is funded by Bristol Ageing Better, a programme dedicated to reducing isolation and loneliness among older people in Bristol. It is run by a partnership of trusted local organisations combining their community expertise: Bristol Community Health and North Bristol Advice Centre (lead partners), Ambition Lawrence Weston, Avonmouth Community Centre, Barton Hill Settlement, The Care Forum, Shirehampton Community Action Forum, Southmead Development Trust and Southville Community Development Association. If you would like to be a volunteer for the Community Navigators Bristol service, please get in touch via the details above