Community Health News
Read archive issues of our free local newspaper for families and carers. It’s a free local newspaper, packed with stories from patients and staff, health tips, advice, and the latest news and events from Bristol and beyond.
(Archive: read Delivering for our Communities: Our Business Plan 2016-17)
Our social value
You can also read about intentions in this area through Benefitting Bristol – Our Community Pledge.
Our community pledge outlines the following commitments:
1. To tackle health inequalities,
2. To support the well-being of the community,
3. To engage with and involve our community,
4. To re-invest in our community, and,
5. To contribute to environmental sustainability.
Our review of the previous year and priorities for next year:
Our Quality and Patient Safety Strategy
Download our Quality and Patient Safety Strategy 2016-2021
Patient and Public Empowerment
In June 2019, we published our joint five-year strategy for People and Communities, in partnership with North Somerset Community Partnership.
Shaped with the input of over 120 local people and organisations, ‘Our People, Our Communities: Strategy 2019-2024’ focuses on five key areas:
- Understanding and improving the experience of people
- Engaging and involving staff, the people we support and our communities
- Removing the barriers that hold people back
- Advancing equality to be a truly inclusive provider
- Creating lasting social impact in our communities
We’ll provide regular updates on our progress, as we deliver the strategy alongside the people we support and our staff.
Our Patient Charter outlines our pledges to patients to ensure we deliver person-centred care. Our charter demonstrates how we are committed to making our patients’ day, and continuing to work with them to deliver the highest quality healthcare possible. Our charter has been co-produced by patients.